Thursday, September 1, 2011

Welcome New Students!!!

I just wanted to say how EXCITED I am about all of my students this year! We are going to have a lot of fun (and learn a little too!). Tonight was our Open House and ALL- yes ALL- of my students and/or parents came to the event! It's always so fun watching the students walk in to the class for the first time. I love watching the initial shyness melt away as they discover new toys and familiar books. Getting a student who doesn't want to open up to crack a smile makes all the planning and over-planning worth while! One of my favorite parts this evening was when a sweet boy came waltzing in the door with a shiny red box and gold bow. Inside the box was a colorful dried clay/playdough heart with his name written on it. My heart melted. Talk about precious! Needless to say, it's going to be a very eventful school year!


(I edited the front to hide the name.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment