Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I caved

     Well, I finally did it. I conquered the school supply aisle at Target! I was trying to avoid that section of all stores as long as possible in an effort to relish the relaxing summer I've been enjoying. However, I caved. I just love all the fun colored notebooks, funky pencil cases, and super cheap sales! Even better is that all the storage bins are on sale! I just love trying to find the 'perfect' way to organize everything in my classroom- I often fall asleep thinking of new ways to better store my class materials! I'm sure most teachers have been out browsing the Back to School section, and now, I'm finally one of them.
A FEW of my fun organization finds. I'm going to use the paper towel holder (from the $1 Spot) to store the abundance of tape that always seems to roll out of my closet when I open it. The small yellow bucket ($1 Spot) will hold my SMARTboard accessories. 




 While successfully avoiding the school supply aisle, I found plenty of other items at yard sales and on clearance to use in my classroom (it's an obsession that I love, what can I say?!). My garage is filling up, but I picked a few of my favorites to share with you:                                                                                                                                       
I found this bell at a yardsale for $1.50! I've been looking all over for one of these!
Isn't this the cutest? I found it 1/2 off at Target. I think I'm going to put ABC letters on it and make it a Chicka Chicka tree. By the way, it lights up and sings 2 songs too! 



                       These adorable characters are at Kohl's. Only $5 each, I HAD to get them all since my students love Clifford- almost as much as me!                                                     

1 comments:

Holly said...

Great finds! Thanks for sharing! Garage sales, clearance aisles and Target are weaknesses for me too!
Holly
www.joyofkindergarten.blogspot.com

Post a Comment